Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cocoons, Twi, Cheese

Christina, you were right. The cocoon is fantastic. These sheets smell very interesting and it's nice to have something that forces me to wrap myself up (preventing mosquito bites > being too hot to sleep).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I uploaded pictures on Facebook yesterday, so you can check those out. I have over 100, but I only had 10 minutes left on my session, so I picked random ones. I had a chance to look at the ones I uploaded, and I think I picked the most boring ones, like pictures of where I'm staying and stuff like that. I'll have to go and label the pictures so they're not AS boring.

I submitted my primary application and now I'm starting to get secondary essay questions. Transcribing these interviews is proving to be a total pain, and it takes really long because I can't always understand what they're saying. I think it's good for me, and I'm getting better!! I definitely need to learn more Twi. The stuff I know so far (thank you, how are you, etc.) comes up in conversation ALL THE TIME and I would definitely feel more included if I could understand just a few more small-talk things. Kids love it when I say 'mente twi' ('I don't speak Twi') and they always babble at me in Twi after I say it.

OK Time to find food. As far as Eva and I can tell, Ghanaians hardly eat. When they do eat, it's 70% carbs, 10% spicy sauce, and 20% protein (chicken). Cheese is expensive here and sometimes a little moldy but I don't care. If I can't have milk, ice cream, or cottage cheese, I deserve some expensive cheddar cheese!!!

1 comment:

  1. Every post should begin with "Christina, you were right."

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete