Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I like your movement.

Monday, June 7, 2010
Last night was probably one of the top ten sleeps I’ve ever had. I went to bed at 8:00p (that’s 4:00p Ann Arbor time!!) and woke up briefly at 1:00a to heavy rain. Fast-forward to 7:30a when I wake up (feeling awesome). Shower. Brushing teeth is going to take some getting used to… Because you can’t drink the water, you have to rinse with bottled water and juggle stuff to make sure it doesn’t get wet. I had to do this in Peru, but I think my limited experience with sterility in the lab and hospital has made me paranoid.

Right now we’re waiting for Kofi to come. We think he said that he has a meeting here at 8:30, but he wasn’t clear whether the meeting was with hospital people or with us, or both, or neither. Deep breaths, no biggie. I’ll just keep writing.

I promise that this blog will not be so surface-level and detailed in the future. Right now I’m writing it so I can keep track of the date and all that stuff. Since I’ve been in the room for most of the time I’ve been in Accra, there aren’t any huge culture-shocks or ridiculous things on the street to report. I will need to work on my personal statement tonight but for now I just want to stay organized and not freak out about medical school. Depending on the speed of the internet connection, I’ll probably be able to post a picture or two for each entry. I don’t think internet cafes are wireless, so it will probably be a hassle to put pictures and stuff up, but I’ll try.

The title of this post, “I like your movement” was something that a guy said to Eva and me as we were exploring around the hostel. We appreciated the directness, thanked him, and kept walking.

Ghanaian proverb of the day: You must act as if it is impossible to fail.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete